The U.S. has responded to the Syrian and Muslim refugee crisis with fear. Thirty-one governors have advocated against receiving refugees within their state borders. Presidential front-runner Donald Trump, with much political backing, has threatened to ban all Muslim immigration if elected. Join FOR-USA in telling our government that this is unacceptable, and that it goes against the best spirit of the United States of America. Joining the campaign is simple:
1. DESIGN your own pillowcase (by yourself or with a group of friends) with the hashtag #GiveRefugeesRest. Be creative — include your dream for a hospitable United States.
2. TAKE a selfie with your pillowcase and share it on social media with the hashtag #GiveRefugeesRest.
3. MAIL it to the listed governor closest to you or to the Speaker of the House (list and addresses included via "Send a Pillowcase" below). If you're close enough, consider hand delivering.
(Here is the letter FOR sent each of the thirty-one governors along with our pillowcases).
4. On June 2, an interfaith delegation of FOR staff, members and supporters met with Speaker of the House Paul Ryan to urge him to support a local, national and international dialogue to end Islamophobia and allow true religious liberty. Learn more about the delegation.
Help us continue taking the message to him by tweeting .@SpeakerRyan #EndIslamophobia.
5. Join us for a national debrief call on Wednesday, June 8 at 8:00 PM Eastern, 5:00 PM Pacific. Register for the free call.
PRESS (learn more below):